Digitization has advanced considerably in the last decade. Devices that a few years ago would have been considered close to science fiction, not to mention economically unattainable, are currently at our disposal, increasing the means through which we can relate with the world.
Digitalization is transforming the industry with more flexible production, greater productivity, and the development of new business models are all emerging today thanks to digital solutions. Although convergence between Smart Metering and distribution automation has long been underway, we LECS launching a new generation Smart Meter. A Smart Grid includes digital technology that allows for two-way communication between the utility and its customers, and the sensing along the transmission lines. It supports active and reactive energy computation, instantaneous measurement, relay detachment, and reconnection management. With an elective plug-and-play PLC/RF/GPRS communication module, the meter can be used in a sophisticated AMI (advanced metering infrastructure) and vending system.
|Smart Energy Meters|
Single Phase Meter 5A to 60A
Three Phase Meters up to 100A
Three Phase Meters LTCT Operated
Smart meters empowering a new milestone for the power and utility industry
Smart meter technology is set to revolutionize the way we maintain our energy. This emerging Smart Grid will be more localized and responsive than the existing network, reducing inefficiencies and allowing us all to achieve better use of energy.
The efficient use of energy is at the heart of every industry, which driving our innovations beyond connected homes, buildings, utilities, and communities. That experience and commitment to continued innovation let LECS provide greater end-to-end solutions for utility customers. Choose LECS, and see the many opportunities available to you:
- Smart Metering
- Demand Response
- Energy Efficiency
- Grid Automation
- Smart Street Lighting
- Customer Engagement
- Data Disaggregation
- Data and Insights
- Load Switch
- Communication Modules-PLC/RF/GPRS
- In Home Display
- On demand/Scheduled remote Meter reads
It records consumption of electric energy, water & gas and communicates the information to the utility for monitoring and billing.
Scheduled / Real time metering
Smart meters enable two-way communication between the meter and the central system.
Advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) & Automatic meter reading (AMR) enables two-way communication between the meter and the supplier.
Our Meter device can organize the multiple-tariff electricity metering with accumulated data communication via:
- Optical port
- RS-485 interface
- RF 433MHz interface
- RF 2400MHz interface
- GSM/GPRS modems
- Meter box (Polycarbonate / CRCA )
Scope of Smart Metering
Smart metering is the usage of smart meters, mainly in the circumstances of advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) deployments of utilities in the scope of smart grid projects, smart homes, smart buildings, and the evolution of smart cities. Moreover, in some environments, smart metering is used in a pervasive way, whereby one can, for example, see the cost of energy in different areas of a building and track the energy quality in these different areas.
Main Features of Smart Energy Meter
Despite being the most energy-efficient and profitable means to manage an electrical grid, there are concerns over the personal data that smart meters are collecting in real-time. We made sure that it has full smart functionality, Bidirectional analysis of instantaneous, energy, and demand parameters. Here are some added features of the smart meter:
- When it comes to Tampering, it has an accurate level of events detection, recording, and reporting. Our specialist has also integrated a power fail alert (last gasp) and power resume information (first breath) available.
- Wireless Smart Metering modules with greater range with Wireless data collection mechanism.
- Load connection/disconnection through latching relays for both phase and neutral.
- It can be programmable for Postpaid or Prepaid or Net Meter functionalities in Smart Meter.
- Bidirectional communication with push features as well as on-demand reading.
- Remote firmware upgrade.
- Net metering features available.
- Prepaid function as per IS 15959.
Advantages of Smart Meters
- Far greater and more detailed feedback regarding energy use and Eliminates manual monthly meter readings
- Monitors the electric system in real-time and reduces the number of blackouts and system-wide electricity failures
- Provides responsive data for balancing electric loads while reducing blackouts
- Enables dynamic pricing and encourages more efficient use of power resources.
- Avoids the capital expense of building new power plants
- Helps to optimize the profit with existing resources.
- 5 Years Warranty for LECS Smart Meters.
Standard, Quality Control & Certifications
- IS 16444: 2015 Part1
- IS 16444: 2017 Part2
- IS 13779/IS 14697/IS 15884/IS 15959 Part1 & Part2